Web hosting is an unavoidable tool when it comes to launching your business or personal website. In the boom of technology, your website’s online presence is a must to do the task. No website refers to unprofessionalism, lack of knowledge, and lack of advancement. Most importantly, it affects your business growth.
So, the demand for web hosting is usually on the top due to all the important reasons. Now the user has the choices in the web hosting, either windows web hosting or Linux web hosting India.
Various informative blogs and articles offer insights on the appropriate selection of web hosting services among the two most popular.
Whether it is Linux web hosting India or Windows web hosting, several service providers offer valuable services, and most of them promise the same things.
Now, in this situation, people usually feel confused while selecting an appropriate web hosting service.
This post will help you know more about Linux web hosting India and select the service wisely. So, let us get started:
What is Linux web hosting?
It’s one of the hosting types that provide an online presence to your business website. Most organizations have a mutual belief that Linux is the most reliable and secure operating system to work with.
This popular operating system is available in both categories, free and paid. Many hosts, especially the shared hosting providers, set for Linux by default. The market of shared web hosting is always high, which redirects the demand for Linux automatically.
Important points about Linux:
- The inception of the Linux operating system happened in 1991. Since then, it has been used by several established and popular organizations, including Google.
- Linus Torvalds was a Finnish system engineer who introduced Linux operating systems to the world during one of his computer sciences projects. Initially, this Linux operation system named after him that was Torvalds’s Linux.
- In the year 1996, it has received a popular penguin logo in a tribute to a penguin that bit Torvalds at the Australian national zoo.
- Over the years, the expansion of Linux is unprecedented. This famous OS has been split, merged, reinvented, repackaged, and forked again and again. It owes all its success to a massive community that maintains and improves its continually.
- The popularity of Linux OS can be sensed through the availability of its various versions, CentOS, Fedora, Ubuntu, RedHat Linux, and so on.
Linux: The service is available for free
The free version of Linux is available. There is a huge list of users and organizations who are preferred to use Linux above all. It has a feature which allows companies to develop their operating system.
Popular companies like Microsoft, Dell have softened their views in adapting and its uses.
Importance of Linux web hosting service:
Now, a common question among people who want to use a reliable operating system is why choose Linux for hosting.
Below are some important features, represent the efficiency of using Linux OS. So, let us have a look.
- It has been observed; people don’t find it too important to choose their OS wisely. Instead, they begin with any web hosting service and later realize the consequences of the heavy data loss of their website in various forms.
- Before finalizing your hosting web service, I spent some time discovering the features of various web hosting services.
Features of Linux web hosting:
- It is secure and mostly available in the latest updated version. By this, the chance of hacks is minimized to a significant extent.
- You will be able to use industry-standard web hosting software, like popular c-panel, control panel, etc.
- It usually keeps the hosting cost low, so it allows them to pass on saving to you.
- There are multiple versions of Linux web hosting India available, so you can choose one that fits your requirements properly.
Not everyone preferred to use Linux operating system due to various adaptability features. Also, when your website has been designed for a Windows supporting language, then it is not feasible to use Linux web hosting.
The vital feature of an OS is its reliability and security, which is there with Linux. Also, it is easily adaptable to most of the programming languages and frameworks.
So, select your operating system wisely to avoid all future trouble and, most importantly, to get a secure and safe technical experience.